Understanding the difference between regulatory environmental liability from contamination compared to liability associated with loan value is what sets St.Germain Collins apart.
That’s why banks, lenders, developers, attorneys, land trusts, potential buyers of commercial properties and others rely on us to perform environmental due diligence services for property transactions ranging from small corner gas stations to parcels over 100,000 acres.
Environmental Due Diligence Services
Many of these services can be conveniently ordered online.
- Screen Report is the most basic type of environmental due diligence. It allows you to gain an understanding of the site’s regulatory status.
- Screen Report Assessment is a Screen Report that includes a risk assessment for potential contamination determined by one of our Environmental Professionals (EP).
- Records Search and Risk Assessments (RSRA) evaluates environmental risk quickly. It provides a risk rating for potential contamination based on a historical use records review and a government database review (equivalent to 40 CFR § 312.26). These meet ASTM E1527-13 standards, and the Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 50 10 5(K).
Transaction Screens help recognize and understand potential environmental concerns for a site prior to real estate transactions or financing. Performed to the ASTM E1528-14 standard, these are based on a site inspection, environmental database review, historical use records review, and interviews with owners and/or occupants.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) provide the highest level of due diligence without testing. If you are seeking Superfund/CERCLA (Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act) protections, Phase I ESAs meet the ASTM E1527-13 and the EPA’s “All Appropriate Inquiry” standards; and for forestland and rural property they meet ASTM E2247-16. You can also request client-specific ESAs that expand or reduce the work scope of a conventional Phase I ESA to address unique site conditions or transaction details.
Order Desktop Reviews
- Bangor Savings Bank
- Kennebec Savings Bank
- Norway Savings Bank
- Camden National Bank
- Newburyport Five Cent Bank
- Bank of New Hampshire
- Prime Motor Group
- Verrill Dana
- The Nature Conservancy
- Northeast Lakes Land Trust
What Our Clients Are Saying:
“St.Germain Collins’ environmental risk management support brings an increased safety and soundness to the bank’s environmental risk management process.” – David Grenier, Kennebec Savings Bank
“Thank you so much for your continued good customer service. I’ve heard only praise for the information/reports you’ve provided to our clients. Keep up the good work!” – Bethany Richards – Loan Officer and Compliance Manager, Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI)
“St.Germain Collins handles the environmental risk management process so we don’t have to worry.” – Christopher Kehl, Kennebunk Savings
“Mark, Don, Erin and the rest of the team at St. Germain Collins are great to work with. They are very responsive and have been able to deliver very comprehensive environmental reporting to me and my clients with quick turnaround times. I highly recommend using St.Germain Collins for any environmental reporting needs that you may have.” – John Burcke, SVP Commercial Lending, Newburyport Bank
“I appreciate your help and quick turnaround. I have found St.Germain Collins to be a valuable partner and resource.” – Katie C. Vickers, Vice President & Commercial Banking Officer, Kennebec Savings Bank
- Due Diligence & Risk Management
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Spill Response
- Vapor Intrusion
- Water Resources
- Program Development
- Health & Safety
- EHS Compliance & Data Management Software
- Site/Civil Engineering
- Stormwater Engineering
- Stream Crossing Design and Permitting
- Construction Services