St.Germain Collins is a place where scientists, engineers, regulatory specialists and others are constantly collaborating to be sure our clients are covered from every angle.
This company was built from the ground up and has attracted, retained, and rewarded the extremely talented and capable people who continue to build our business today.
This is not your typical workplace. With us, what you see is what you get. We expect a lot from our team, and we give back what we get. Our benefits package includes a flexible work schedule, competitive pay and employer-paid educational opportunities.
Full-time employees receive these generous benefits:
- ► Flexible Schedule
- ► Paid Holidays
- ► Paid Time Off (Personal/Vacation/Sick Pay)
- ► Health Insurance with Health Savings Account
- ► Long Term Disability Insurance
- ► Retirement Plan with Company Match
- ► AAA Membership
- ► Education and Training
- ► Profitability Bonus Structure
St.Germain Collins has several employee gatherings throughout the year, and once a year closes the office to spend an entire day volunteering together – clearing trails or helping a local not-for-profit.
We currenlty have positions open a Civil Engineer in our Westbrook, Maine office.
St.Germain Collins is seeking a rising Civil Engineer for our Westbrook, Maine office.
Our team needs a motivated, self-starting Civil Engineer who would be dedicated to providing quality consulting services. The work will span developing design plans and specifications, preparing land development permit applications, and providing on-site construction inspection.
Our Civil Engineering team assists private and public clients on a broad range of commercial and residential development projects, as well as environmental restoration projects including stream crossing design and permitting.
The Civil Engineer’s specific responsibilities may include:
- ○ Scheduling and coordinating various phases of engineering work;
- ○ Stormwater modeling, best management practice (BMP) design, and drainage system layout;
- ○ Developing grading plans and maps using AutoCAD®, Civil 3D® and ArcGIS®;
- ○ Organizing technical design specifications;
- ○ Performing field inspections at active construction sites for stormwater management and erosion and sediment control;
- ○ Contractor and construction site oversight; and
- ○ Preparing technical documents, presentations, and reports.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is often required to:
- ○ Sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk (at times over uneven surfaces), reach with arms and hands, and to stoop or kneel;
- ○ Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and/or clothing (e.g. steel-toed boots) is routinely required;
- ○ Lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds at times; and
- ○ Work in environments ranging from office to industrial indoor settings, to outdoors in all weather conditions and terrain.
The successful candidate will have:
- ○ A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- ○ A PE license in Maine, or ability to acquire license within 6-18 months of hire;
- ○ 3-5 years of experience designing and permitting land or site development projects;
- ○ The ability to draft and design simple to moderately complex engineering designs using AutoCAD, HydroCAD®, Civil 3D®, ArcGIS® software;
- ○ Competency using computer applications such as MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook;
- ○ Technical experience in the design and interpretation of stormwater best management practices;
- ○ Technical experience in preparing erosion and sedimentation control plans;
- ○ A valid US driver’s license; and
- ○ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, mail your resume and cover letter to:
846 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092
or email email@example.com