St.Germain Collins is an interdisciplinary workplace where scientists, engineers, regulatory specialists and others are constantly collaborating to be sure our clients are covered from every angle.
This is not your typical workplace. We expect a lot from our team, and we give back what we get. Our benefits package includes competitive pay and a flexible work schedule so employees can have time with their families. Our principals built this company from the ground up and have attracted, retained, and rewarded the extremely talented and capable people who continue to build our business today.
Our generous benefit package for full-time employees includes:
• Education and Training
• Flexible Schedule
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off (Personal/Vacation/Sick Pay)
• Health Insurance with Health Savings Account
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Profitability Bonus Structure
• AAA Membership
St.Germain Collins is seeking a mid-level, detail-oriented Civil Engineer for our Westbrook, Maine office.
Our Civil Engineering team assists private and public clients on a broad range of commercial and residential development projects. We have a need for a self-starting civil engineer who can work within a team-oriented structure dedicated to providing quality consulting services. The breadth of work will span development of design plans and specifications, preparation of land development permit applications, and on-site construction inspection.
Civil Engineer’s specific responsibilities may include:
- • Scheduling and coordinating various phases of engineering work
- • Stormwater modeling, best management practice design, and drainage system layout
- • Developing grading plans and maps using AutoCAD®, Civil 3D® and ArcGIS®
- • Organizing technical design specifications
- • Performing field inspections at active construction sites
- • Preparing technical documents, presentations, and reports
The successful candidate will have:
- • Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- • PE license in Maine or ability to acquire license within 6-months of hire
- • 5+ years of experience designing and permitting land or site development projects
- • Technical experience in the design of stormwater best management practices and preparation of erosion and sedimentation control plans
- • Competency in HydroCAD®, AutoCAD, Civil 3D®, ArcGIS® software and basic computer skills
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Valid US driver’s license
- • Physical demands: While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is often required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk (at times over uneven surfaces), reach with arms and hands, and to stoop or kneel. Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and/or clothing (e.g. steel-toed boots, tyvek suits, etc.) is routinely required. At times, lifting of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds may be required. Work environments range from office to industrial indoor settings to outdoors in all weather conditions.
To apply, mail your resume and cover letter to:
846 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092
or email firstname.lastname@example.org