St.Germain Collins is offering a one-day training session for anyone whose job responsibilities include offering and/or receiving shipments of hazardous materials, to satisfy the U.S. DOT requirements set forth in 49 CFR 172.704(a). This training is required at least once every three years.
Thursday, November 15, 2018
8 am – 4:30 pm
At St.Germain Collins
846 Main St, Westbrook, Maine
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who is employed on a full-time, part-time or temporary basis who directly affects hazardous materials transportation safety. This includes those:
- + who classify, describe, package, mark, label, or placard hazmat shipments;
- + who are responsible for signing hazardous waste, medical waste, or other hazmat manifests;
- + personnel (i.e. maintenance, shipping/receiving, etc.) who collect containers of hazardous waste, and are responsible for labeling them for shipment;
- + laboratory personnel who ship samples or other hazardous materials;
- + employees with FedEx and UPS accounts; and
- + who supervise other employees who perform these tasks.
Each participant will receive helpful course materials, and a certificate of completion for those who pass the test. A light breakfast and lunch are also included.
WHAT TO BRING:
Laptops are encouraged, so you can bookmark web link resources shared during training. St.Germain Collins has a free wi-fi connection for attendees.
Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) at 49 CFR 172.704 (a).
Our training instructors are former environmental managers who have more than 50 years of combined experience applying hazardous waste regulations to facility operations.
We don’t just read the rules to you and wish you good luck. We will communicate the requirements in an understandable and applicable format, practice in class applying the regulations to different operating scenarios, discuss unwritten policies regarding compliance, and show you how to systematically and cost-effectively apply them to your operations.Enroll Now